Hey everyone! How are you all doing?
Over the weekend I went home, and I spoilt myself to a professional French manicure. My Mum's friend, who's a hairdresser and beautician, did it for me and I was so pleased with the results! I think it looks really chic and timeless, and I felt 'made-up' every time I went out!
(my nails might look a bit blue - I get cold very easily!!!)
Here's how she did my French manicure at home:
- Removed my nail polish with nail polish remover
- Buffed and filed my nails
- Softened my cuticles
- Pushed my cuticles back
- Snipped off the dead cuticles (the white bits)
- Applied one layer of base coat (she got hers from beauty shop Sally's) & waited for it to dry
- Applied one layer of French polish (a natural, nudey-pink) & waited for it to dry
- Applied white tips with white nail varnish & waited for it to dry
- Applied one layer of top coat (again from Sally's)
... et Voila!
Sadly it chipped after about 4 days, so I've had to take it off now *sad face* but I loved it while it lasted.
What do you think? Do you ever get your nails done 'French'?
Lots of love,
Style by Sophia